Buddy Reads

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm Baaaccccckkkkk!

After a two month hiatus I have returned. Save the applause please. Actually clap, I need the support.

I signed up for a cookie exchange at work and then totally forgot I did. At the beginning only six people signed up but I guess some flew in at the last minute because the final tally was 13. I need 13 dozen cookies. I had signed up for the perfect cookie too, chocolate crinkles. The recipe is easy and one batch makes 72 cookies. Perfect. Double the batch and move along. Except when I whipped up the dough Friday at 6p I re-read the recipe and the dough has to chill for FOUR hours. I work at 5:30a on the weekend. I would have to be up all night baking......unless.........I went to be early.....
So I was in bed at 8:30p on Friday night with my hubby home and the kids at Grandma's house. I then proceeded in getting up at 1a to bake and get ready for work. Hubby thought it was pretty funny. Me, not so much. I did however get some great cookies in return. What fun.

Tonight, after leaving work at 8p I have to whip up eight dozen more cookies for my daughter's Christmas play. Eight dozen. Who hatched that number? And more important, why the hell did I say yes to doing it? I have issues I know.

Come on Christmas. I'm too excited for a person of my age. It's so much fun to me. I love giving gifts and watching the kids' faces as they open gifts. 10 more days. Let the countdown begin!

3 comments:

  1. You just want Christmas to get here so you can stop baking cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna start calling you the Cookie Monster!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Holli!

    I love Christmas & Halloween - you are not too excited for a person your age! (Cause if you are, than I am too!) It's good to find joy where ever we can!

    ReplyDelete