Buddy Reads

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010

Can you believe it is 2010? I remember being younger and thought I would be damn near dead at the age of 34 when 2010 swung around. Little did I know.

I have so much I want to accomplish this year. I hate to set resolutions because I never follow through but I do have some goals for this year...

1. Paint the inside rooms of my house- you know when you buy a new house and all walls are cream? Ours are green. Mint green. Every last one, except the kitchen that I painted last spring. I have lived in the house long enough and have mapped out every last room, even the baseboards. Not one room will be green!
2. Exercise. Iknow, I know everyone says that but I am not in it for weight loss (only a perk if I do lose) I just want to be able to play with my kids and stay up past 8:30p sometimes lol! My husband is going to the gym with me and it's nice, and easier to have someone with me. The lost pounds don't hurt either.
3. Relax. Take a breath and enjoy today for today, not what needs done, not what is happening tomorrow...just take each day anew and appreciate what I have in the right here right now.
4. Read what I enjoy. Through the marvelous ladies on Goodreads I have learned that it is ok to NOT finish a book if I don't enjoy it. I will live. The author will live. Life will go on if Rachelle does not finish a book. And, no more goals in reading. Yes, it was nice to know I read 100 books last year but I found myself reading "easy" fiction just to make the goal. No more. If i want to read 1000 pages in three months I will.

I guess that's all.
Maybe in 2020 I can look back at myself and be proud!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on number 4--and I've finally learned to put books I don't like down, too, thanks to Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya on the book goal. I'm glad I made it to 100...but I refuse to pressure myself like that again. I want to enjoy reading!

    And the relaxing...that's always a good idea. Wait...I think that's all I do. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a great list here! What colors are you wanting to paint?

    ReplyDelete