Buddy Reads

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Thursday, March 18, 2010

We dropped the dog off at the Vet's this morning. She will come back an "it". If "it" decides to run away again like she did yesterday she can stay away. The doggie Prozac was supposed to eliminate this behavior. It hasn't. If anything it has brought out a deviousness that she never had before. Yesterday she ran away. Right out of the door like a racehorse. As I am walking the neighborhood with my empty leash (looking deranged in anger, in my pj"s) she is sitting by the door patiently awaiting my return. She was saved a butt smaking by the neighbors out petting her. So lucky!
I am a cat person. Can you tell? I love dogs. They are pretty. They play. They are really cool to take places. That said, I never wanted to own one. They need more attention than babies. They need supervised bathroom visits. They eat EVERYTHING, even if it previously made them deathly ill. They want to be held, petted, stroked, fawned over. I have children that require less effort.
The Hubs almost lured me into a Great Dane yesterday. You might as well drive a bus through our living room, as I believe they are the same size. What the hell is wrong with me? Why would I even consider it? Because I love the Hubs and want him to be happy. Would I be with a horse in the house? No. Would I do it if I felt he really wanted the dog in the worst way? Yes. Pushover? Absolutely!
My cats, my "boys" are perfect. I know the Hubs likes dogs but I catch him making kissy sounds at the boys and his lap is first chosen from the cuddly one. I hear him talk to them as though they can respond and I hear him laughing as they tear through the house as though on fire. He isn't fooling anyone in our house, least of all me.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I'm a cat person myself too....dogs are too much work! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great dane?! Hell no. Hubby's happiness or not...after the dog hell you've had...I'd but a BIG ol foot down. He can be happy with another fishing pole. Dogs require too much work. This is coming from someone who was woken up by my dog tossing his breakfast at 4 AM all over my bedroom carpet today.

    I love my dogs, but I love my cats more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah well the next time the hubby asks for a Great Dane just remind him that he was the one that suddenly decided he didn't like sausage in his chili--even tho' you had specially been making it that way for years for him. Or am I getting confused about where I read that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I just had the best laugh reading this post. You described my husband to a tee in the last paragraph. We have 2 Yorkies and 2 cats inside. It's a zoo and I'm home all the time with them, Hubby gets to leave for work. I too am more of a cat person but I think my cats are possesed. They have weird habits too. I love all my animals but you're right that my child can do more for himself than the animals. It's like I have 5 kids here instead of one.

    Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.

    ReplyDelete