Buddy Reads

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a little funny to brighten a day.

Went to my most favoritest place on the whole Earth Sunday, THE LIBRARY. My sanctuary, my oasis. Well I guess my oasis is not immune to stupidity either.
I found my books and went to check out. The not new employee says I owe 1.30 in fines. Ok, I don't remember getting a notice but whatever you say. I have only change on me so I count out a gold dollar and three dimes (quick, break out the calculator) and end my transaction. It isn't until I get home that I check the reciept and it says I only paid .80 cents. Huh?
I call the library. The Einstein that answers the phone listens to my story and when I tell her the amount of money I gave and the amount credited she says "yeah" all slow and drawn out. Are you freaking kidding me? I have to say, "A gold dollar is a dollar".
At this point my only place of refuge is destroyed.
I am heart sick.
I will also think long and hard about their tax levy's from now on. Are you sure you need money or did the Einstein do your books?
Ugh!

2 comments:

  1. I would think it wouldn't be too hard to verify that payment. What is the likelihood that they got any other gold dollars that day?

    ReplyDelete