Mondays are always the fastest day to come to me. I feel like it's always Monday. What happened to lazy weekend days? They sure aren't shy about speeding out of my life. There, I had to release that.
Had an interesting conversation today at work. We have a certain lady we call "baggage". Now "baggage" is good about showing up to work, sometimes, and she sure can carry on a conversation no one cares about but can she work? No. We (my friend and I who do the same job as "baggage") have been carrying her load for quite some time. It is really old. Faced with no raises this year and an economy that tanked we feel everyone should carry their load at least some of the time. Posed this point to our shift supervisor and she said....and I quote, "People should mind their own buisness and do their job." Escuse me bitch? Speak into my clenched fist. I had to walk away before I got fired and possibly jailed on assault charges. Mind my own business. Well, I will. You know what my first order of minding my business is? Scheduled a meeting with the CFO of finance which is my boss, and Human Resources. You know why? You don't pay me nearly enough to take that rude crap from someone, let alone some power trippy wench that thinks her you know what doesn't stink. Move me. Fire me. I'm so over it. Starbucks sounds like my dream job right now. Actually, I'm thinking it's time to go back to school.
Had my son's birthday party this weekend. He turned 12. Punk. Who gave him the ok to grow up? I can't believe I look so young for having such old kids (LOL). My sister and her gaggle of children came up to celebrate with us. Her daughter was OFF her adhd meds. Oh my gosh. That child needs help. She screamed the whole time...ear shattering high pitched screams. She was accusing the kids of trying to kill her, hitting her, telling her she stinks etc. I sadly and personally believe she has been misdiagnosed with adhd when she has something larger going on there. Ruined the whole day. It was such a disaster. She hit my daughter repeatedly, where Hunter finally got pissed and dragged her to the ground by her hair. I'm talking like 3 hours into this fiasco. I didn't have the heart to yell too much at Hunt. I wanted to drop kick her shortly after her arrival. What was my sister thinking? She comes around once a year and this is what she brings me? Next year please just send a card.
I need a vacation. I need medicated. I think I'll settle for a beverage, a bath and then bed.
I'm sorry about the work situation (that's always such an awful place to be in) but I'm glad you're not taking that response from your supervisor and speaking with others about it. (Makes you wonder how someone with those kind of people skills has that position!) And I am So sorry about your son's birthday party!
ReplyDeleteHope your week gets better every day!
LOL, oh Rachelle! I can so see you saying and thinking all this. I felt like you were sitting in the room with me having a conversation about your crappy weekend.....
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to vent here. What insanity!!
All I can say is THANK GOD IT'S OVER!
ReplyDeleteI hope you got the work situation resolved satisfactorily. I'm lucky at work in that we can listen to music all day and really never have to do work for anyone else. Makes a job I hate at least tolerable.
ReplyDeleteYour niece doesn't sound like she has adhd to me, either. I've seen a lot of kids that have it and some can be impulsively aggressive but that sounds way over the top. And the lying? That sounds like something entirely different. Poor kid needs serious help.